So I’ve just finished watching How I Met Your Mother and I realized that there were more than a few gems in the entire nine seasons, but here are the top seven which resonated with me.
1. In time, we all become our own dopplegangers. These completely different people who just happen to look like us.
Change is the only constant in life, and every day we grow a little further from the person we used to be.
2. Reacher and Settler Theory
There is always one person in a relationship who reaches out for someone who could do better and who settles for and is happy with what they have.
3. You can ask the universe for signs all you want. But ultimately, we only see what we want to see, when we are ready to see it.
4. Dobler/Dahmer Theory
A person who doesn’t care for you will not be moved by your romantic gestures and will most probably find you repulsive and creepy. But if a person cares, even the creepiest gesture might seem sweet and romantic.
5. You can’t cling on to the past, because no matter how tightly you hold on, it’s already gone.
We try so hard to live in the past, sometimes, because we’re afraid that we will never experience the same again but the truth is, nothing ever is. But if you live in the present, you will always have room for more.
6. Whatever you do in life, it is not legendary until your friends are there to see it.
Your friends are the family that you pick. And you are the company that you keep. So pretty much, we’re nothing without friends.
7. Love is the best thing we do.